Putting everything (good, bad, cheesy) in one place. I have gathered a ton of really corny personal “I tagged you so you have to respond” posts that used to live on Facebook. I am deleting them as I post them here so that all of my blogs and posts are under one website. So, yeah – getting to know me….
2016-09-20 Getting To Know You
Ok, these will not be the regular goofy responses that you usually see from your friends. I am nothing if not abnormal.
1. I take on other people’s problems and try to fix them while overlooking all of the issues going on in my own life.
2. I have a son who teaches math and who I am very very proud of.
3. I am trying to figure out ways to travel the world on my budget. (any suggestions pp?!?)
4. My friends fuss because I do not hold my heart back when it comes to relationships (even though the poor thing is battered beyond recognition) and even though when I know one is not a proper fit (and have already allowed said heart to become embedded) I allow it to continue to the bitter end instead of ending it like I know I should (its that holding out for what you hope is right in the face of everything that counters it).
5. I once had a croisant while looking out over the port in Dinard, France. The sailboats were amazing.
6. I love to sing. I am horrible at it. My friends ask me to quit when I start. But I keep on singing anyway!
7. My daughter is one of my closest friends. And yes Amanda, I know I should take care of me as I am my own benefactor…. :0)
8. I LOVE horror flicks. I love hiding my eyes between my open fingers and trying not to look but waiting for the creeper to jump out and make me scream.
9. Believes a person who manages a department should inspire not make their employees perspire or conspire or feel ire.
10. I daydream I can breakdance, samba and perform modern technique.
11. Is continually trying to learn something new. Loves to learn the things that her friends take part in or are passionate about. I am forever trying to grow. I feel that when you stop wanting to learn new things you become stagnant
12. In reference to #11 has not had many opportunities lately to learn new things but is now sitting here wondering why I don’t get off my butt and get back to work on my list.
13. Is kinda pissed that Peter Pan had the “Lost Boys” who never grew up. Why not lost “kids”. There are some of us girls out here who never want to grow up either.
14. My Daddy is dating now. And although I want him to be happy, I have this sad piece of my heart that hurts because it is not my Ma I see him with now.
15. I get wintertime blues really really bad. So, I try to keep a bottle of suntan lotion in my desk drawer at work. I take it out, lather up my hands and inhale deeply while pretending I am somewhere beach-y.
16. I was once addicted to Dr Pepper. I used to drink (on average) a case of soda every two and a half days. Four years ago I gave it up cold turkey for Lent.
17. I am holding out for the winning lottery ticket.
18. I feel that you can tell a person’s character by the way they treat: 1. Their mother; 2. Animals in their care; and 3. Their waitress.
19. I am not a cat person yet has two that she cohabitates with.
20. Has a beautiful long black velvet cape one of her closest friends made for her birthday over a decade ago and is thinking about pulling it out for Halloween this year…..
21. Performed Rochy Horror Picture Show for a number of years in Cincinnati – Columbia.
22. Loves wearing high heeled boots.
23. Hates stuffing payroll envelopes when I know that a third party payroll source would be more beneficial.
24. Believes they should just allow Pete Rose into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
25. Is wondering what is in store for me next.
2011-09-29 Orange/Green Color Test
Taking the “True Colors” test utilized by my job, it shows that I might be working in a field that goes against my personality. It shows that I am an Orange/Green personality and this is the description of Orange and Green:
You must be free to act on a moment’s notice impulsively and spontaneously. You thrive on fun, variety, and excitement. You take action for action’s sake, rather than long-range goals. You possess enormous endurance and stamina. A born adventurer and competitor, you are challenged to take risks and test life’s limits. When your need for immediate action is blocked, you become frustrated, impatient and unhappy.
AT WORK: Any job that is routine and structured can leave you bored and restless. You find the most satisfaction in careers that allow you independence and freedom while utilizing both your physical coordination and your love of tools. Any kind of tool is an extension of self; machinery, musical instruments, construction, artistic, medical or athletic equipment. You are natural performers whether on the playing field, stage or simply in the spotlight of life.
IN LOVE: You want a relationship of shared activity and iterests. With your mate, you like to explore new vacation spots, hobbies, activities, restaurants and ways to energize the relationship. As a lover, you need to be bold and thrive on physical contact. While charming, warm and generous, you enjoy giving extravagant gifts that bring obvious pleasure to your loved one.
AS CHILDREN: Of all the types of children in school, you have the hardest time fitting into the academic routine. You learn by doing and experiencing rather than by listening and reading. You need physical involvement in the learning process and can be motivated by your own natural competitiveness and sense of fun.
You need freedom to utilize your intelligence, pursue knowledge and wisom, and develop skills and capabilities. You view life as something to understand. You want to predict and control your environment. You may find it difficult to interact with others. You have a low tolerance for what you preceive as illogical and/or emotional thinking.
AT WORK: You are abstract, perfectionistic, conceptual and independent thinkiers. Work is play. You are drawn to careers that constantly challenge your mind. Fields where you can develop models, explore ideas or build systems to satisfy your need to deal with the innovative attract you. But, once you have perfected an idea, your ingenious mind moves on, leaving the project to be maintained and supported by others.
IN LOVE: Since you prefer to let your head rule your heart, you do not want complex relationships. Your dislike of repetition makes it difficult for you to continuously express feelings. You believe once they are stated, they are obvious to your partner. Uneasy with your emotions contolling you, you want to establish a relationship, leave it to maintain itself, and then turn your energies back to your career.
AS CHILDREN: You appeared older than your years, like an adult. You focused your attention on your greatest interests. You achieved in subjects that stimulated and satisfied you mentally. You were impatient with drill and routine, questioned authority and found it necessary to r-espect teachers before you could learn from them.
2011-07-06 Three Things
Three Jobs you’ve had
3. Inappropriate HR Manager
Three places i’ve lived
1. Oak Hill, WV
2. New York City, NY
3. Cincinnati, OH
Three Favorite Drinks
1. Propel Berry Flavor
3. Malibu and Pineapple
Three shows i watch
2. Private Practice
3. True Blood
Three places i’ve been
1. Paris, France
2. London, England
3. Brussles, Belgium
Three favorite foods
1. Chicken Dip
2. Beer Cheese and Ritz Crackers
3. Sheperds Pie
Three friends i think will respond
…I won’t tag you. Don’t Fret
Three things i am looking forward to
1. My next great adventure
2. A simpler time
3. Buying a kayak
Three things that are always on your mind
3. Something I will not mention
Three things that are always by your side
Three things you wanted to be when you grew up
2. National Geographic Photographer
2011-04-30 50 Things
01. What time did you get up this morning? 6:00
02. How do you like your steak? Med Rare to Rare
03. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Something with Ben…. hmmmm
04. What is your favorite TV show? Used to be Grey’s then they sang…. How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, True Blood – a mesh of all of em
05. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Somewhere with a sandy shore at the end of my sidewalk and warm weather year around…
06. What did you have for breakfast? scrambled eggs with ham and green peppers, fresh strawberries and oranges sliced, whole wheat flat bagel. i impressed myself with that spread….. frankie’s bday.
07. What is your favorite cuisine? sushi
08. What foods do you dislike? mushrooms
09. Favorite place to eat? Umi Sushi and (anymore) at my own table
10. Favorite dressing? balsamic vinegrette
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? sonata
12. What are your favorite clothes? tevas, marvel super hero tshirt, old cargo shorts
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Galapagos, Thailand, Ireland, Easter Island – list is never-ending
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? just pour the rest of the bottle….stupid question (ha)
15. Where would you want to retire? please see #5 above
16. Favorite time of day? 2:07 PM
17. Where were you born? New Brunswick, NJ
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? all of em – love hockey, ufc, football
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? i did not tag anyone so everyone who was tagged will tag me back (ha)
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? cheezus
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? i like reading them all
22. Bird watcher? i got your bird right’chere – wait, that was not the response you were looking for….
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? eh – depends on the time of year
24. Do you have any pets? nope
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? i have a boyfriend (awwww…..)
26. What did you want to be when you were little? a novelist or elizabeth taylor
27. What is your best childhood memory? being at mawmaw’s and pawpaw’s every weekend
28. Are you a cat or dog person? dog
29. Are you married? nope
30. Always wear your seat belt? just had a conversation about this today – i told frankie and now i will tell you – i believe the govt should not be allowed to tell you that you have to wear a seatbelt. my body, my choice.
31. Been in a car accident? yes (should think of that when answering #30)
**32. Do you know what comes between 31 and 33? lol – i will refrain from dirty dirty**
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? pepperoni, banana peppers, black olives
34. Favorite Flower? daisies (aw shumate – me too) AND sunflowers
35. Favorite ice cream? chocolate or rocky road
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? quiznos
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? zero
38. From whom did you get your last email? foursquare alert – jen miller checked in at c&o cleaners….
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? pier one
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? drove to morgantown just to spend a few hours of my bf’s bday with him – myrtle beach last weekend…. this summer is pretty spontaneous and pretty amazing
41. Like your job? um…
42. Broccoli? loves
43. What was your favorite vacation? me, alex and amanda at disney when they were really young
44. Last person you went out to dinner with just as friends? calabash @ myrtle with hayes and jen
45. What are you listening to right now? stella talking downstairs
46. What is your favorite color? sometimes green, sometimes black, sometimes deep burgundy
47. How many tattoos do you have? two
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? zero
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 5:24
50. Coffee Drinker? have been know to partake……
2010-02-25 25 Random Facts About Moi
I APOLOGIZE to the 25 um, 26 of you I have tagged. I HAD to follow the instructions and you were the people who came to mind as I typed this…. lol
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I was born the daughter of two postal workers.
2. I wear a size ten shoe. Most time I wear two size ten shoes.
3. My Mom’s middle name was Yolanda.
4. When I hear a good depressing song on the train, in my mind I am a world renowned figure skater doing an ice dance.
5. My Dad was on the whose who list of inventors for inventing a carbide cutting tool in the 70s.
6. I hate having neighbors who live upstairs from me (that is in its final day today!)
7. I like to chase Jager with tomato juice.
8. I make up Spanish words when singing along to Pit Bull (well, not the dirty ones – Flave taught me those).
9. My favorite song (though I usually refuse to chose one) is Tainted Love by Soft Cell (go ahead and laugh).
10. I was once pinned between the side of a whitewater raft and a rock and thought that I was going to drown.
11. I once tried to buy a horse (Jimmy Nick) and had the money ready when my parents found out and said no.
12. For a couple of years I played the part of Columbia in Rocky Horror in a theater in Cincinnati, Ohio
13. My favorite soups are French onion and egg drop soup (not at the same time of course).
14. Snot, conversations about snot, random strangers picking their noses – all are vomit inducers for me (gagging a little now thinking about it).
15. My son once called a midget woman walking with her child a Liddle Mudder.
16. I used to love the show The Young Ones that aired on MTV in the late 80s
17. My favorite comic book characters are Cloak and Dagger (well, and Grendel and Mage…)
18. I prefer shopping for music and books over clothes and shoes and sometimes worry about my missing girl gene.
19. I like to dance my cares away, worries for another day and let the music play down at Fraggle Rock.
20. There was this one time I sneaked the centerfold from a Playgirl magazine and was going to take it to Sister Rose’s class to explain the differences between girls and boys. He was a pretty ballerina…lol
21. I was standing in the Woods Ave Cemetery with classmates on a Halloween when my foot sunk into a grave and it scared everyone and they ran, leaving me stuck in a grave, alone, on Halloween… yeah, thanks for that.
22. I still have Poochie, the stuffed animal I carried between years 2 and 14. He is worn, but still with us.
23. I was once half of a pair of boxer brief thieves who took gingham colored boxers throughout all of San Fran taking pictures of them.
24.I believe I will be having the extra loaded nachos from Tracks Bar and Grill today, just for old times sake.
25. I did not mention my wonderful fiancé or amazing daughter in this post…. oh, wait…. giggle
2009-08-11 My First Time
1. Who was your FIRST prom date?
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
my very very first love – no, though I see people comment about him on here on a regular
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
oj and vodka
4. What was your FIRST job?
5. What was your FIRST car?
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
Chris – because he woke me up with a text
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
Lisa Burgess and on a rare occasion I do…. I have to see if she is on here….
11. Where was your FIRST sleepover?
Debbie Rittenhouse – I had to play poker with Danny and Scott
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
My own. And the second time. Oh yeah, and the third.
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Asked for motivation.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton
16. FIRST tattoo?
Lower back – Native American theme – yes Erin, a tramp stamp
17. FIRST piercing?
18. FIRST foreign country you’ve been to?
Canada or Bahamas?
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Jaws with my sister Donna at the old King Theater in Oak Hill
20. FIRST Detention you had?
Skipping – poor Coach Ray – lied about girlie products trying to get out of it.
21. What was the FIRST state you lived in?
22. If you had one wish. What would it be? to be an active activist
23. What is something you would learn if you had the chance?
24. Who do you think will be the next person to post this?
Agreed Whit – Not exactly a “first” question, is it
Extras just for Erin –
25. Who experienced your first Hot Pot?
That would be Erin
26. Who took you on your first Pub Crawl?
That would also be Erin
2009-11-24 Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For
#10 My Chucks
Those of you who know me know that I take pics of my feet. Where have my feet been today? And those adventures have been marvelous. For over two years my Chucks have been in so many pictures in so many places doing so many things. I look at my poor shoes – dirty (afraid to wash them as they may disintegrate in the dryer), the sides tearing away from the material, missing part of the stripes – and I think, you are my favoritest pair of shoes ever! They walked me to a shark tank, they walked me past a shrine of a Saint, they walked me across the Bk Bridge for the first time, they walked me through an Impact Zone…. Thank you Chucks for being there to share in the adventure of my life. (giggle)
#9 Windows and the Art of Imagination
I think I am, without a doubt, the most imaginative 41 year old you will ever meet. It gets away from me sometimes. I love to Imagine (almost as much as I love to Wish for things). When I am on the train and a wonderfully depressing song plays on my MP3, I imagine that I am an ice skater gliding around the rink, arms extended, jumps perfect. When walking somewhere with Amanda I will imagine that “if this were a scary movie, we would come back past this cliff to find those climbers dangling from their two carabineers” (sick, I know). I imagine Alex standing in front of a class of students, white shirt sleeves rolled up, explaining a complicated equation to a future scientist or musician. So why mention windows – because some of my best imagining has occurred while looking out a window – on a train, sitting at the house, in the car.
Some of the best things have happened in my life while sharing with someone else. How much brighter a day is when you can share it with someone you love. How much funnier is a silly thought if you share it with a friend. How much easier it is to bear the weight of life if shared with another set of shoulders. How much tastier is a new dish when you can discuss it over the table with someone who appreciates it as much as you. What fun is your life if it is not shared with others?
I grouped these three together and sit here for a moment and sigh. What a boring life this would be without these three. And I know that pioneers and cavemen survived without them…. I think that our ability to continue learning way beyond the years of our youth is one of the greatest things in life and I think Books, Movies and Music helps us further our education whether we realize it or not. I tear through books trying to soak in the story like a sponge. They open my eyes to other ways of thought, other ways of life. Movies transport me to places I can only dream of visiting someday. They take us to different times that have long passed and which we will never be able experience first hand. Movies aid my #9 on this list. And then there is Music – I hate when people ask my favorite song. That is like asking me to pick my favorite child. Impossible. They are all so different and have brought different things to me at different times in my life. My life is richer because of these three. Oooohhhh – AC/DC is playing in my memory and I am dancing on a desk with Laura Elliott in Brockman Hall… yes, music makes the memories sweeter.
Rhonda told me recently if she had to choose one thing that she had to do for the rest of her life and could do nothing else, she would choose laughing. I pondered that a bit and thought that that would be an amazing life if all you did was laugh. Yesterday evening I sat on the phone with Erin while we played Lexulous (remotely yet together) and laughed as she belted out her favorite 80s tunes. What a great way to end a workday. But my favorite laughter is that of a child. This past Halloween hearing Bella laugh in my backseat reinforced that. Over my birthday weekend hearing Ethan, Mercedes, Austin and Owen giggle as Chris chased them reinforced that. I can remember one time when Amanda and Alex were playing in the living room at our old house on Kelly Avenue. I was washing dishes, it was a warm day, the windows were open and whatever mischief they were into made them burst into a fit of giggles that tickled my ears and made me put down my chores and go join in on the fun. Some fifteen years later I was listening from my bedroom on Atlantic Avenue, Alex was home on break and the two of them were talking about something in the living room. They broke into laughter and my ears were just as happy. A child’s laugh, my child’s laugh…nothing is sweeter.
#5 Cell Phone Technology
Yeah, I know I bitch about having to hear Mr. I Cannot Wait Five Minutes Till I Get To The Office To Make This Call Guy. HOWEVER – cell phones, what wonderful things they can be if used properly. How many snapshots have I taken and sent with my phone (one in particular gives me giggles – trying to sneak a pic of some creeper staring at me on the train to send to Erin and Mel and not realizing the sound was NOT muted and as the camera sound echoed through our section of seats the guy looked me in the eye with a most perplexed look…ha! who is the creeper now?!?). So many great bits of news have I shared with family over the cell. So many times have I been relieved to receive information quickly from a text. So many smiles have I enjoyed from a simple text received. (the best text ever I have saved on my SIM card says – “I am on my way. I love U!” – Amanda was heading to prom). So, yeah – just for today I will be thankful for the cell phone technology – I still have some hours till my commute home to change my mind….lol
#4 New York
I moved to New York April 2002. I was supposed to move in September 2001 but we all know what happened then and for that reason my plans were put on hold. As I approach my eighth anniversary as a New Yorker I am thankful for all of the opportunities I have been afforded by living here. This phase of my life has been amazingly rich in experiences. The people I have met, the things I have seen, the food I have tasted – all because of NY. I do not know why but the image of “Lou Gossett Jr” in his mini skirt walking down the platform of the A Train as Melissa and I stared with mouths hanging open comes to mind. Oh, how many times have I said, “Only in NY”.
Who doesn’t like a great kiss? Sigh. Ok, well, there are other types of kisses too. Kissing the crown of a newborn’s head as the doctor tells you they are healthy. Kissing my Mommy hello when I see her after a long period of time. In New York, everyone kisses you whether you want it or not…THAT I had to get used to. But how about that “first kiss”? Watching him walk across the street to you, smiling, eyes twinkling… grabbing you up and kissing you and right then you realize that this kiss, this one right here, could possibly be the sweetest kiss you have ever tasted. Sigh. Yeah, he made me a girl.
Yeah I love to take pictures and tell stories about my memories. I like to write my stories out so I can remember the details of them later. I have journals that can make me cry, laugh or be pissed just with the flip of a page. Documentation is elemental in my life. My greatest fear in life is the loss of my memories. So all these blogs, stories, pictures – they all are like my own little security blanket. I love to have an audience that is enjoying the story that I am telling, I am animated and boisterous. I love to make them laugh or be amazed right along with me. I love it when people enjoy the pictures I take. I am a ham. And you love it, you know you do….. lol
#1 Loved Ones
This encompasses all of you – my friends, my family, my kids, my Christopher. How sweet my life is because of all of you. How great it is that I can make this list and think of stories that involve at least one of you for each and every number on here. How blessed I am that we travel along the same path in life. How very thankful I am that you are in my life…
For these things I am Thankful on this Thanksgiving….now pass the damn turkey! Ha!
Solar Rolls @ Umi Sushi
Toes in the sand @ Long Beach, NY
Tracks Bar & Grill
Erin’s bed in Boston
2009-08-07 15 Movies That Stick With You
(agreed) Okay, I got tagged in this…and since I’m a film buff, I said “Why Not!!”. I guess these are the rules:
Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen movies you’ve seen that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Tag fifteen friends, including me because I’m interested in seeing what movies my friends choose. (To do this, go to your Notes tab on your profile page, paste the rules in a new note, cast your fifteen picks and tag people in the note — upper right hand side).
Ok, you KNOW I cannot just do 15 – so I did 30 similar movies
1.Rocky Horror Picture Show / Shock Treatment
2. Run Lola Run / Sliding Doors
3. The Godfather / The Godfather II
4. Sixteen Candles / Breakfast Club
5. Shakespeare In Love / Elizabeth
6. Pan’s Labyrinth / Labyrinth
7. American Werewolf in London / The Shining
8. Wizard of Oz / Wille Wonka (the real one) – I almost went for The Wiz
9. Gladiator / Clash of the Titans
10. The Potters (yes, as in Harry) / The Rings
11. Rudy / Invincible
12. Porky’s / Animal House
13. Shindler’s List / Band of Brothers
14. Apocalypse Now / Full Metal Jacket
15. ET / Star Wars