I forgot about this recipe! I might just pick up the ingredients to make it this week…
Easy Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
Serving Size: 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 ¼ cup water
1 ¼ lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
¾ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp onion powder (used onion flakes)
½ tsp poultry seasoning, crushed (used garlic powder)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
16 oz frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup instant mashed potato flake (used garlic/red fake taters)
1 cup fat-free evaporated milk (used ½ cup 2% milk and reduced water by ½ cup for taters)
¼ cup shredded 2% milk Cheddar cheese
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
2. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the onion powder and poultry seasoning. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the chicken and vegetables to the soup mixture and stir to coat. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 2-quart round casserole.
4. Microwave the remaining water in a microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Add the potato flakes and stir until the water is absorbed. Stir in the milk and remaining black pepper. Loosely cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until the mixture is hot. Spread the potato mixture over the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling.
· Calories 423
· Total Fat 10g
· Saturated Fat 2.5g
· Sodium 498mg
· Total Carbohydrates 40g
· Fiber 4g
· Protein 41g
· Cholesterol 93mg
· Vitamin C 22%