All the spoilers all the time. You have been warned!
My Thoughts While Watching
- Let me get it out of my system… See you later alligator!
- I really wanted the phone to be ringing inside the gator!!
- Holy crap it’s a jump-em-out movie!
- Dad seems like a bit of an asshole right off the bat.
- Broken leg scene is flipping great!
- I cheered for the gators!
- A group of alligators is called a congregation.
- Again, cheered a lot.
- Not a bad movie. Solid.
Interviews & Extra Video
iMDB Synopsis: A young woman, while attempting to save her father during a category 5 hurricane, finds herself trapped in a flooding house and must fight for her life against alligators.
Director: Alexandre Aja
My System Of Scoring
0-19 Levels of: Ugh
20-39 Levels of: Meh (can’t reach the remote)
40-59 Levels of: I don’t hate it?
60-85 Levels of: That was solid.
86-100 Levels of: I Loved It!
I rank this movie: 88
Additional Movie Info
Rotten Tomatoes rating is 82% Fresh. It received a Rotten Tomato audience rating of 75% liking it. Average Rating: 3.5/5 with a number of User Ratings: 7,586. Click HERE to read more.
Specs: Release date: 12 July 2019 (USA) / Runtime: 87 minutes / Budget: $13.5M
- This movie was inspired by a true alligator event from Hurricane Florence.
- The two leads, Kaya Scodelario (Hayley) and Barry Pepper (Dave), also starred together in Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015) and Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018).
- The burglars who rob the gas station are named Marv, Stan and Lee, which is a nod to Marvel creator Stan Lee. Coincidentally, Sam Raimi, who produced this film, directed three Spider-Man films.When Haley’s father tells her to swim to the boat, he tells her that she can “Swim faster” than the many Alligators in the water nearby. However this would be highly unlikely as the average adult Alligator swims at speeds up to 20 mph, While 23 time Olympic Gold Medalist Michael Phelps topped out at about 6 mph.
- When Haley and her father are outside after escaping the crawl space, Haley’s hair isn’t blown by the wind – even though it’s a category 5 hurricane that is almost toppling tree
- Right after the last shot of the movie, as the credits begin, Bill Haley’s “See You Later Alligator” plays – a wacky, upbeat 1950s rock song that is wildly out of place with the tone of the film.