We attended the Cincinnati Comic Expo from September 22-24, 2017. This was my third time at this convention. It draws a good size crowd but on Friday evenings you have more elbow room (so to speak).
From the second floor looking down on the convention:
TV/Film guests included:
- Miriam Margolyes (Harry Potter, Black Adder) – Attended panel, had a photo op
- Wallace Shawn (Pixar, Princess Bride) – Attended panel, Ben had a photo op
- Julian Glover (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, James Bond, Game of Thrones) Attended panel, Ben had a photo op
- Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter) – stood close to, WISH I would have seen more of
- Ralph Macchio (Karate Kid) – saw on the street where he mumbled something about cocktails
- Kel Mitchell (Keenan and Kel) – Alex shook his hand and told him he had an impact on his childhood
- John Ratzenberger (Cheers, every Pixar cartoon) – stood close to, WISH I would have seen more of
- Kevin Sussman (Big Bang) – he was on the end and I walked past him a number of times
- Daphne Zuniga (Spaceballs) – never saw her once
- Scarley Byrne (The Originals) – was in line for someone next to her
The ones I missed:
The ones we saw in panels:
Miriam Margolyes – my blog on her is HERE. I am on a campaign to make her my bestie OR at the very least, my pen pal.
Julian Glover – my blog on him is HERE.
Wallace Shawn – my blog on him is HERE.
Kelwas cool. He was polite and generous to cleaning staff who stopped to speak to him. He had a great interaction with a wizard and, of course, Alex.
I found a Henry Winkler trading card which was great because I planned on seeing him at a book festival a few weeks later. The two toys I nabbed were Pennywise Dorbz and Vito from the Godfather Funko. And because I am “that weirdo”, I picked up a Johnny Carson book (I loved him), a The Waltons book (I watched religiously) and a Captain Kangaroo Little Golden Book because – my inner 12 year old boy could not get over it said Cpt Kangaroo and a Beaver…. sue me.
And, of course there were so many people and things to look at. Here are some of my favorites (Snape broke my heart a little, my have is Moaning Myrtle):