Slow Cooker Chorizo Spiced Pork Loin
My changes are in red below.
Original recipe is here: http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chorizo-spiced-pulled-pork
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. ancho chili powder (up to 1 tbsp.) I used every chili powder type in the cabinet including a lot of rubs and mixes from Pampered Chef
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. coriander did not have in stock
2 lb. lean pork tenderloin
1 onion, diced did not use
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chicken broth used 2 cups
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tube Chorizo – fried in skillet with three green onions
- Squeezed two lines of Sriracha on the meat
- One sprig of Oregano
- Mix together all the spices and rub over the pork. did that
- Place the pork in the slow cooker. Cover with onions and then add the chicken broth and apple cider vinegar. First, I fried up a tube of chorizo along with three chopped green onions in a skillet. I poured the mixture over the prepared meat. Once all was in the pot, I placed a sprig of oregano on top of the meat.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low until it easily shreds with a fork. I cooked for right at 4 and sliced the meat instead of shred.
- For crispy pork, place it under the broiler after cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- I made white rice and used the broth from the bottom of the pot to give it a spicy touch.
Overall great taste. Perfect cook time, was juicy. The crazy addition of all the extra spices and Sriracha gave it the proper amount of kick. I liked it a lot!
Serving Size: 2/3 cup, Recipe makes 6 servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories 190,Calories from Fat 35
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
Dietary Fiber 1g