The new recipe of the week came compliments of my Niece, Morgan. She brought a spicy cranberry chutney to our Fakesgiving and I loved it. So, I decided that would be a nice addition to the Christmas weekend menu. I used the recipe my sister sent me from Pintrest. Below is the recipe and, as usual, my changes in red. Make it, love it (it is not TOOO spicy but does have a little kick). Let me know if you make it and any changes you might have made.
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes – Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes – Servings: 16
- 2 (8 oz) cans crushed pineapple I accidentally picked up one, had to break apart a second can of “chunk pineapple”. This gave a couple larger bites of pineapple. I was ok with it.
- 1 (16 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced I bought a jar of jalapenos. I believe they may have been the pickled kind. I took a teaspoon of them and cut them up, they are soft so it was easy.
- 3 green onions, chopped I used 2 and only the green stalks of the onions.
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- Drain pineapple; pat dry with paper towels. I forgot to drain and after I had added the brown sugar realized my error and then drained it off and added more brown sugar (oops)
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine pineapple, cranberry sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, for about 5 minutes or until thickened; stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in jalapeño and green onions.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place block of cream cheese on serving dish I used a small bowl that would fit in a larger bowl so I could put the crackers around the second bowl and make for easy transport to the in-laws for dinner; pour cranberry chutney to cover (you will probably not use all of the chutney on one block of cream cheese) I did not use all of mine, I have enough for a second set and bought a second cream cheese because that was a good recipe tip to know.
- Serve with crackers. I used Ritz crackers. I love the buttery flavor of Ritz.
Categories: Health - Races - Recipes