Warning: This blog may contain some foul or offensive language. It DOES contain a lot of info on alcohol.
I am killing time waiting for my coworkers to wrap up their day so we can head to The Ginger Man where we will partake of drinks in celebration of my landing smack dab on the BIG FOUR-OH! (Blog on that to follow). So, I thought that whilst I wait, a blog might help pass the time. So, here it is, my top ten favorite drinks:
1. Malibu and Pineapple (yes, I want to get my island on). This is a nice, fruity drink which I can enjoy repeatedly over the course of an evening without being stupid.
2. Kahlua and Baileys. A nice chocolaty drink that reminds be of Quik milk from my childhood years.
3. Tequila. Oofa. Some of my fondest and worse (and some of my lost) memories can be traced back to tequila.
4. Twigs and Berries. I cannot find a recipe and the images that Google pulled up on this search were disturbing. My best bartender friend Nev at Track’s Bar and Grill in Penn Station makes it for me. Bitches the whole time because there is a concentrated effort to keep cream on top of the drink. But damn, that is a good drink.
5. Buttery Nipple. One ounce Buttershots and one half ounce Irish Cream. Yummy.
6. Mind Eraser. Vodka, Kahlua and Tonic. This is a fast track to forgetting where you left clothing. Ha! Mind eraser…I get it now…
7. Sour Apple Martini. Sigh. These are good but I can never find someone to make them properly.
8. Jager Bomb. I know, I know. I should live in a frat house, or maybe Staten Island.
9. Blue Monkey. Blue Curacao, Malibu, Orange and Pineapple Juices. Funny name but great taste.
10. TKO. Oh Gawd. This goes back to my younger days. I do not even know if I could do it now. It is Tequila Kahlua and Ouzo. It is the kiss of death but oh so good.
So that is my top ten. I will not be having all of those as Ginger Man is a beer garden style bar. I will be having a blue berry beer though, maybe two….